Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pancakes!







When my sister and I were little, my Grandfather, Wally would always make us Mickey Mouse pancakes when we would come stay for the weekend. I remember thinking just how awesome it was that he could actually make breakfast look like a mouse. So in Honor of Wally I decided I would start our own tradition and make Emmy "initial" pancakes. I made them once before when she was not quite eating solid foods yet, so I decided to try again since I was having a craving for pancakes myself. It was actually quite hilarious. The first try was terrible, the E looked nothing like it was supposed to, but the second E was much better. I was so excited for Emmy to try my banana "E" pancake! I carefully took it and placed it on her highchair and she promptly grabbed it and threw it on the floor! I couldnt believe it! All my hard work...on the floor :( So I quickly swept it up (3 second rule) and tore it in pieces for her, which she proceeded to take 2 bites and yell for her cereal. Oh well, guess I was a little premature on the whole pancake idea, but I'm not giving up! She will love them soon enough! :)

2 comments:

  1. We also follow the 3 second rule in our house!! Such a cute tradition to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! What a sweet idea... she is precious and you are such a good momma!

    ReplyDelete